POF or Plenty Of Fish is one of the most famous dating sites. It also has the largest member base – hundreds of thousands of users log in every day. In this review, we analyze this site in detail to find out whether this is a good site or a waste of time.
Full Plenty of Fish Review – How Does This Site Work In 2019?
If you have ever tried to find the free dating sites, you probably know the name of one of the most popular websites. Plenty Of Fish was launched more than 15 years ago and rapidly gained popularity. The reason is that this site provides free communication services. However, there is also no denying that “free” does not necessarily mean “the best.” So what it has to offer to its members? Is this a good dating site to join? In this POF review, we will describe the basic and special services offered by the site, its billing policy, registration process and the member base.
How to get started on Plenty Of Fish?
So how exactly does the site works? Well, POF does not offer anything extraordinary, and you do not have to do anything difficult to set up a profile and initiate conversations with other members of Plenty Of Fish. There is a universal strategy that consists of a few main steps:
- Registration – you will need to spend some time filling in the questionnaire, the entire process takes up to 10 minutes.
- Viewing other members’ profiles, use basic and/or advanced search – you need to browse some profiles to understand how the website works, so we recommend that you use the search services, which are of pretty high quality.
- Contacting other members – after you find people you like, try to send them a few messages (search for nearby users, it makes sense than initiating conversations with random members.)
These are the main stages, but the platform has some more cool features to offer. For instance, you can see who liked you and like them back, look for someone hot in ‘Meet Me,’ send pics (if you are a woman), send gifts, take some great tests, etc. Which of these features are free? Is the registration simple? We will describe these aspects below.
How to sign up
What do you need to set up an account on this site? Well, the answer is simple – just 5-10 minutes of your time. Yes, the registration process on PlentyOfFish takes more time than the registration process on any other paid dating site, but this is how the administration protects its members from spam and scam. A robot will not fill out such a form, and the fraudster is likely to search for another site instead of this one. So, a new site visitor needs to provide such information as city, country, zip code, height, weight, marital status, ambitiousness, easygoingness, etc. Unfortunately, you cannot sign up through your Facebook, or After you fill in this questionnaire, you can move to the next stages, which are:
- Creating a username and headline. You should not underestimate the importance of this stage, of course, if you really want to find someone on this site. The headline of your profile and your name are the first things that another member notices, so try to be creative.
- Describing yourself. The next step is also important. Of course, the answers you provided allow other members to understand who you are, but self-description is usually more personal and thoughtful. There are also some samples that can inspire you.
- Uploading pictures. Members cannot sign up through r Google, but at least they can import some photos from Instagram or Facebook. Please, take into account that free members can upload up to 8 photos.
What kind of services does POF.com offer?
What can POF members do? Well, the dating sites are created for people looking for great communication that can possibly lead to something more personal and intimate. As for communication tools, Plenty Of Fish provides the users with an opportunity to send text and voice messages. Unfortunately, there is no Video Chat or phone calls. The great thing that members can also write posts in the forum, exchange views on a different topic, express their personality, etc.
Free members also can:
- View other members’ profiles
- Add profiles to Favorites
- Download mobile application and use is for free
- Receive the list of perfect matches
- Take Chemistry Tests
Free or not? – POF com billing policy
Even though PlentyOfFish.com is a free dating site, a lot of members upgrade their accounts. Why? Because they want to have better dating experience and improve their chances of finding the perfect match. Other members are likely to reply messages sent by Premium members because they see them in the top of their inbox, they are in top in search results, and they become the match of the day. In other words, paying users are usually more popular than non-paying members.
- 38.70 dollars for 2 months, 19.35 per one month
- 51 dollars for 4 months, 12.75 per one month
- 81.40 dollars for 8 months, 10.18 USD per one month
If you want to make your profile more popular, you can buy some Tokens. The prices are as follows:
- 1.99 dollars for 1 token
- 8.95 dollars for 5 tokens
- 16.90 dollars for 10 tokens
Tokens can be used to say ‘Super Yes’ to the members and to become the match of the day in ‘Meet Me.’
Does PlentyOfFish have a mobile app?
Yes, this platform also provides singles from all around the world with an opportunity to download the official mobile app for free. Paradoxically, the application is much better than the website mostly because it has a better interface. A lot of POF members actually prefer to keep in touch with their matches without even visiting the website, and it can be easily explained. You do not really need a laptop to send voice or text messages or use Tinder-like features.
As we have mentioned above, the app is free and available in Google Play Store and the App Store. More importantly, it is compatible with all types of devices including smartphones and tablets.
Plenty of Fish Overview – Conclusion
To sum up, POF is not the worst and not the worst dating site. It is still very popular, and the number of daily logins is huge, so if you are looking for a website where you can choose among lots of candidates, Plenty Of Fish might be a good option. In this review, we analyzed all the aspects of its work. As for the communication services, they are of pretty good quality, and more importantly, they are free. However, the platform obviously lacks Video Chat. If you do not think this is a huge disadvantage, join POF and enjoy communication with people from all over the world.
- POF.com is one of the most visiting dating sites in the world. Its members can choose from the widest variety of matches
- The site is perfect for people who live in small towns or rural areas – they can narrow the search and meet real candidates
- Basic communication services are completely free of charge
- Communication is not limited
- The number of search filters is very impressive
- Great tests to know yourself and other members a bit better
- Free mobile app compatible with all mobile devices
- You need to be a really patient to find someone on the site. As a free platform, it connects the overwhelming number of users, and there is no denying the fact that some of the members are not who they pretend to be. Of course, you can upgrade your account to find someone special, but in this case, this is not a free site anymore.
- Competition, especially among men is really fierce. There are some useful dating tips you can find on the web, so if you have some time, read them carefully. You need to stand out in the crowd to attract ladies, and that, in turn, means that you need some really good ideas.
- You need to use plenty of search filters to meet hotties, not naughties. Some members of this community note that you can meet millions of obese middle-aged ladies here, but if you want to find someone attractive, you need to spend some time looking through the profiles.
- Ads may be a problem, of course, if you are not a paying member. Well, advertising is annoying, but you will really see it all the time on Plenty Of Fish com. The only way to get rid of it is to pay for the upgrade.